On February 8th, SEED had the pleasure of welcoming author, TV personality and youth financial educator, Sabrina Lamb, to our campus in Thies, Senegal.
Sabrina, the founder of World of Money, a NYC-based non-profit that improves youth financial literacy, hosted an interactive workshop for 40 SEED Academy students and 10 SEED Rise students. The students explored a range of topics, including:
- What are your future goals?
- What change would you like to see in the world?
- What is your current understanding of wealth and money?
- How to properly manage your finances, savings, investments.
- Importance of "giving back."
Lastly, the students broke up into small groups to create a business "pitch" (product or service) and think strategically about how to make it a viable business: selecting the right management team, advertising and promotion, pricing and pitching the idea, etc.
It’s never too early to learn about managing one’s finances and we thank Sabrina for bringing her energy and expertise to our students. It brings us one step closer to developing our youth into well-rounded, knowledgeable citizens of tomorrow.