We use education and basketball to develop the next generation of African leaders.
Senegal has one of the youngest populations in the world - half are under 18, approximately 6M young people - yet only 32% of students attend high school and 7% attend university (UNESCO).
This is our opportunity.
Our programs are designed to inspire, empower and equip these young people with the skills they need to succeed in life. Through this, we will re-define the student-athlete model and develop socially conscious leaders that will continue to drive Africa forward.
We currently serve 2,000 youth weekly (grades K-College) in Senegal, The Gambia and the United States the with after-school academic, athletic and leadership development programs. We also train youth basketball coaches across Africa.
- Increase year-to-year school retention rates
- Increase middle school and high school graduation rates
- Outperform key country academic indicators: BEM, BAC
- Reduce the education gender gap
- Promote civic participation among youth
- Provide high-quality athletic programming