The Hoop Forum is the SEED Project’s annual event in Senegal that brings together nonprofits, corporations, and individuals that use sports as a tool for development across Africa. It is a four-day event for youths and guests to observe and participate in basketball camps, community engagement events, leadership & education workshops, cultural activities, and networking events. Participants will also be able to partake in excursions
Since 2002, approximately 4,000 youths have participated in Hoop Forum activities, over 500 basketball coaches have been trained at the event, and 20 basketball courts in Senegal have been refurbished. Contributing partners include the government of Senegal, the NBA, Nike, ContourGlobal, UN agencies and the Senegal Basketball Federation.
The Hoop Forum also serves as an opportunity for elite international basketball coaches and professional team personnel from the NBA and FIBA to work with the Senegal Basketball Community - uniting the nation’s top basketball talent and most influential coaches and administrators. With the launch of NBA Academy Africa in partnership with SEED, top young players and scouts across the continent may participate in the event, giving a new continental dimension.
For the 4th straight year, SEED Project will be participating in the United Airlines NYC 1/2 Marathon. Since we started entering the NYC 1/2 Marathon in 2014, our runners have helped us raise $27,000 -- creating54 full scholarships for students to enroll in SEED programs.
This year, we will select five outstanding people to join our team, run the 1/2 marathon, and help raise funds for our programs in West Africa.
Here's how you can join #teamseed
- Fundraising minimum per runner: $1,500
- Receive a custom fundraising page on Crowdrise
- SEED will provide sample emails and graphics to recruit donors and inform them on SEED.
- No entry or race fee for runners
- Each runner will receive a SEED Dri Fit
All funds raised will support our SEED Rise program for more then 500 students in Senegal and The Gambia. SEED Rise provides after-school basketball, academic and life skills activities for youth, grades K-12.
Please let us know why you'd like to join our team and we will reply to inquires in the order they are received. Thanks!
On October 15th, join the SEED family as our Showdown 3v3 Basketball Series hits Miami. In partnership with our generous hosts, Fast Twitch Training Facility, this exclusive 8-team tournament will raise funds for our students in Senegal and The Gambia.
Then, our good friends at The Anderson will be host an after-party with drink specials.
Hotel discounts available (email noah@seed project.org for more information).
- Gym: Fast Twitch // 12PM - 3PM // 7400 NW Miami CT., MIAMI, FL
- Team Donation Fee: $1,000 (tax deductible)
- After-Party: The Anderson // 6PM - 9PM // 709 NE 79TH ST, MIAMI, FL
- 4 Players Per Team (min. 3)
- Jerseys provided for all players
- Round 1: All teams will play 4 games
- Quarterfinals: All teams will be seeded based on Round 1 results
- First team to 16 straight (first to 21 straight in playoffs)
- 2s and 3s
- Losers ball after made baskets
- Call your own fouls
- And 1s count, but team does not get the ball back
CELEBRATE WITH THE SEED FAMILY.
Join us on July 27th in New York City for our 4th annual SEED Summer Party, a fundraiser to benefit our more than 8,000 students in Senegal and The Gambia.. The SEED family will be taking over Marquee Nightclub as we transform it into a West African themed nightclub, and, together, we will empower the next generation of African leaders.
Guests will enjoy: Open Bar, Passed Hors d'oeuvres, Live music and DJs, Photobooth.
Senegal and The Gambia are two of the youngest countries in the world. Approximately 60% of each country's population is under the age of 24. Yet both countries have some of the lowest school attendance rates in the world (High School Attendance Rates: Senegal, 40%; The Gambia, 34%). We see this as our opportunity to educate and empower a new generation of socially conscious leaders that will lead their countries into the 21st century and beyond.
The SEED Summer Party was created in 2013 as an annual celebration of our students and alumni, and to raise critical funds to support our ongoing efforts to empower future African leaders. To date, the SEED Summer Party has raised more than $300,000 to directly benefit our student-athletes.
Join the SEED family as we team-up with Open Space to party on a beautiful rooftop in the West Village and raise funds to support West-African youth.
6.17.16 // 33 Perry Street, Apt 3 // 6-10PM
RSVP below and spread the word!
* NO admission fee *
* Full-Bar and Cheap Drinks Available to Purchase *
* All proceeds benefit SEED Project *
Flyer Design: Folasade Adeoso
The Hoop Forum is the SEED Project's annual event in Senegal that brings together organizations and individuals using sport as a tool for development across Africa. Hoop Forum is also an opportunity for top international coaches to work with the Senegal basketball community - uniting the nation's top talent and most influential coaches and administrators.
Local and international guests enjoy a 4-day athletic, cultural, and culinary tour of Senegal. Activities include: youth basketball and coaching clinics, community give-back programs, educational seminars, and networking opportunities.
Thursday, May 19th
- Goree Island Tour // Goree Island, Dakar // 11am - 2pm // HF Guests
- SEED Gives + SEED Alumni giving back event // CNEPS, Thies // 3-4pm // Public
- SEED Rise youth basketball showcase // Yavuz Salim, Dakar // CNEPS, Thies // 5-7pm // Public
Friday, May 20th
- NBA Africa coaching clinic // CNEPS, Thies // 10am-12pm // Coach Invite
- Nike Skills Camp I // CNEPS, Thies // 4-6pm // Public
- SEED Culture Night // CNEPS, Thies // 7-9pm // Public
Saturday, May 21st
- Nike Skills Camp II // CNEPS, Thies // 10am-12pm // Public
- SEED Mini Basket showcase // CNEPS, Thies // 12pm - 1pm // Public
- Nike Skills Camp III // CNEPS, Thies // 3-5pm // Public
- Sport and Development Dinner Reception // Terrou-Bi, Dakar // Invite Only
Sunday, May 22nd (All events at Renaissance Monument, Dakar)
- Live, Learn & Play Tournament Finals // 11:30am - 4pm // Public
- Hoop Forum All-Star Games // 4-6pm // Public
The SEED Project teamed up with Assist NYC and Jordan Brand's Terminal 23 gym to host the inaugural Showdown in Midtown: 3v3 Basketball Tournament on Saturday, May 14th. The tournament featured 8-teams, and spectators enjoyed an afternoon of highly competitive games. In the end, Team Assist triumphed over Team Western University Dolphins in a match-up that featured two SEED Professional Board Members and some very talented players.
More than $5,000 has been raised so far which will provide 10 SEED Rise students with full-scholarships, which includes: after-school basketball and tutoring classes, English language classes, basketball gear, and school materials.
If you would like to make a donation, just $50 provides a student with all of their school supplies and $500 provides a full-scholarship for a student. DONATE HERE.
SPRING IS HERE.
SEED Vibes is back, and we're kicking off our 2016 parties with our friends at The Garret East. Come hang with us, grab a drink, and enjoy some positive vibes.
* Drink specials from 6-9pm to benefit SEED *
* SEED gear available to purchase *
Alison Urquhart (IMG College)
Andrew Dean (IMG College)
Gavin Moseley (Den Hospitality)
Jessica Brostowicz (iHeartMedia)
Kellen Benjamin (IMG College)
Thomas Lebale (Lagadere Sports)
SEED Girls Cover Photo © Folasade Adeoso
For the third consecutive year, SEED Project will be participating in the United Airlines NYC Half Marathon to raise funds for our programs in Senegal. This year, five runners will be running in support of SEED.
To support our runner's efforts to raise $10,000, please donate here! All donations directly benefit SEED programming.